Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[TUT] Learning how to program
Since a lot of people want to learn how to program, i think they will like this thread. Feel free to tell me if anything i suggested is bad, or if you have anything to improve this thread c:

First thing you need to know, is that you wont learn programming in a day, neither in a week, neither in a month. It's something you learn by trying, but you will never master. So, don't expect to make an auto bot within your first month of programming, you will need to learn a bunch of stuff from maths, memory, optimizing code etc...

So now you know that, next thing you have to do is pick a programming language. Common ones are C#, C++ and Java. From what i know, its a pain to code a bot in java, so lets skip that one for now. C# is a very nice programming language for beginner, while C++ is hard to learn. However c++ is better if you want to make stuff like bots. So its your own choice, I picked C#, and im very happy with it.

Now, if you picked your programming language, you better watch some tutorials now. I suggest TheNewBoston, since that was the one i used, and they're great and fun. They have all kind of tutorials, so watch any you like. Click HERE for C# tutorials, and HERE for C++ (he recommends code::blocks in his C++ videos, however i like Visual Studio more). While you're watching the first few tutorials, you can go download an IDE like Visual Studio. Once its downloaded, continue to watch tutorials until you know about variable types and if statements, and try make some basic programs such as a banking program, or something where you have to enter a password. Then just continue to watch tutorials, keep learning things, and make some simple and fun programs.

Then, you can start making bigger things. My first project was my spinbot, I'll use this as example. Now you will have to use things you haven't seen in tutorials! For example, i had to learn how to move the cursor around. This is the time where Google will learn you more then tutorials. Whenever you have a question, ask Google, and check sites such as StackOverflow, and the occasional youtube video. You will probably have to look a lot of stuff up, or rewatching tutorials to refresh things. But hey, now you can call yourself a programmer! Big Grin

That's pretty much all i can say. Don't give up, pretty much every person can program, you just need to take your time!
If anyone knows how to further improve this thread, please tell me.

Collection of handy links:
TheNewBoston on YouTube
Fleep Hack on YouTube (great for learning memory-editing)
Fleep Hacks' Cheat Engine tutorial (Videos perfect for beginners)
According to kulqa a good series for learning C#
Awesome Big Grin Thanks
TUT TUT
[Image: 3nj]
Finally made a new subforum for programming.
Moved and sticked ;w;
For some reason links turned into videos on tapatalk, is this on Web too?
(02-02-2015, 05:14 AM)JustM3 Wrote: You can go download an IDE like Visual Studio.

Is Visual Studio Community 2013 good?
(02-05-2015, 07:18 AM)Mati Wrote:
(02-02-2015, 05:14 AM)JustM3 Wrote: You can go download an IDE like Visual Studio.

That's the one I use, and I think it's great [emoji14]
Okay, thank you! Big Grin
(02-05-2015, 07:20 AM)JustM3 Wrote:

only the black theme tho

looks better if you are programming late in the night (3.48AM here ;_Wink and all lights are off. doesnt hurt in the eyes
Reddit confirmed that i Timewarp even when i dont have a subscription Kappa retards 
(02-06-2015, 12:48 PM)Lithium Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 07:20 AM)JustM3 Wrote:

only the black theme tho

looks better if you are programming late in the night (3.48AM here ;_Wink and all lights are off. doesnt hurt in the eyes
I dont even use the black theme, i like the bright one more [emoji14]

Edit :I'm actually not using the community version, but the express one.