Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far do I need to go...?
Hello. First of all, please don't hurt me.

To sum it up, I want to make a new account, however, I don't know if I have to do all the extreme stuff if I've never used a hack and/or have gotten banned before.

My situation is, I've completely abandoned my old osu! account (haven't logged in in at least 6+ months) due to... bad off-site harassment. Er... Maybe not "harassment," but it was a very bad experience for me. I don't really want to talk about it since it involved personal things about me. Furthermore, I used to be super into mapping, and I want to get back into it again, but this person and their friends... well, they're in that community. Somewhat popular there too. Essentially, I can't use the game or forums how I want to use them, because there would likely be clear bias against me (lmao), and the anxiety and shame is too much for me to handle.

I did send a message to staff, telling them about my situation, asking them to delete/ban my account and let me make a new one (against the rules but worth a shot), and was shot down (unsurprisingly). Like I said, I've never hacked, cheated, been banned, restricted, or anything before. I've heard from other people that just a VPN would be enough in this situation, (hell, my one friend has made 3 accounts on the same computer and IP and has never gotten caught) but I'm very scared since I intend on using the forums and things. I don't want to have to move and buy a new computer just to upload maps on a stupid rhythm game and make friends.

I want to start fresh. I want to get away from that old username and everything and start over. I'm not even very good at the game. What do I need to do to make a new account without getting in trouble? Do I really need to change the MAC/HWID/Unique ID/all that jazz? What are some recommendations in this situation? (And please don't say something like "just get over it and play on the same account." I'm not going to.)

TL;DR: Abandoned old account, need to make a new one, have never hacked/gotten banned before, need to know if I need to do a bunch of the extra shit to make one without getting caught.