lain

Spectator

Will there be support for the spectator, so people who'll watch me playing with timewarp won't see lagging? Like delaying the whole play for spectators so they would be able to see it on 100% speed with no lags?

On 9/9/2018 at 4:43 PM, lain said:

Will there be support for the spectator, so people who'll watch me playing with timewarp won't see lagging? Like delaying the whole play for spectators so they would be able to see it on 100% speed with no lags?

Updated.

Can someone tell me how does that work? 

For example if I will end a song 5 seconds later than when it's supposed to finish, the spectator will start spectating the map 5 seconds after I started playing the song?

Or are you using other method

Edited by JustWantedToBeGood
4 hours ago, JustWantedToBeGood said:

Can someone tell me how does that work? 

For example if I will end a song 5 seconds later than when it's supposed to finish, the spectator will start spectating the map 5 seconds after I started playing the song?

Or are you using other method

From what I understand, it yes delays it so that the spectators are behind you. So there is 0 buffering when someone is watching you with timewarp and it looks legit.

22 hours ago, rumoi said:

Updated.

So I tried spectating myself with my laptop on another account and it's ok I guess

If I set the song ~6 seconds slower I will start spectating at the same time I start playing but It will buffer on the start of the map for ~6 seconds. Can't you make it like so the person spectating only starts watching 6 seconds later instead of being sitting down watching the "BUFFERING" thingy for that long? People might start suspecting if someone uses the timewarp badly and the person just sits for ~15 secs watching the buffer thing at the start of the map. 

Like instead of going to spectator mode and wait 5 seconds of buffering at the start, staying on menu and 5 secs after go into spectator mode without having the "Buffering" on the start.

Nice work anyway Just suggesting something.

9 hours ago, JustWantedToBeGood said:

So I tried spectating myself with my laptop on another account and it's ok I guess

If I set the song ~6 seconds slower I will start spectating at the same time I start playing but It will buffer on the start of the map for ~6 seconds. Can't you make it like so the person spectating only starts watching 6 seconds later instead of being sitting down watching the "BUFFERING" thingy for that long? People might start suspecting if someone uses the timewarp badly and the person just sits for ~15 secs watching the buffer thing at the start of the map. 

Like instead of going to spectator mode and wait 5 seconds of buffering at the start, staying on menu and 5 secs after go into spectator mode without having the "Buffering" on the start.

Nice work anyway Just suggesting something.

Disable it and let them buffer every half seconds then if its so omega blatant.

This is literally the first release of the option and I already changed it in the next release.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, rumoi said:

Disable it and let them buffer every half seconds then if its so omega blatant.

This is literally the first release of the option and I already changed it in the next release.

I know it's blatant if I disable it I just said. If I disable it should go back to normal but it apparently doesn't? But whatever pretty nice job either way.

3 hours ago, JustWantedToBeGood said:

I know it's blatant if I disable it I just said. If I disable it should go back to normal but it apparently doesn't? But whatever pretty nice job either way.

Well once its all ready I'm not going to let it be a toggle with it permanently being enabled, You need to start a map then disable it and close and open the game for it to be disabled.

BTW the update is pushed if you want to try to see if it does 0% buffer.

5 hours ago, rumoi said:

Well once its all ready I'm not going to let it be a toggle with it permanently being enabled, You need to start a map then disable it and close and open the game for it to be disabled.

Tried it now and excelent job!! Just as I thought It would be.

I'm still wondering if we'll be able to set the amount of time the spectator will need to wait tho! I wouldn't mind if it buffers for like 2~3 seconds as the map goes on (if playing tv sized maps).

1 minute ago, JustWantedToBeGood said:

pretty sure rumoi was workin' on this for a while now but yeah

I just wanted to sound cool 😞

On 9/24/2018 at 10:32 AM, rumoi said:

Btw. Ar 5 still does not work as a default AR.