Daddyo

Osu!Enlighten + Menu Customization

First off, I've been using the new relax and i have to say it really is so much better than before, for sure going to use it much more than i used to! 

I have a few things though i have questions and might want done.

On the Aqn discord, SyN#7521 said this better than i could have. Osu!Enlighten feels hard to play with. Now i like some of the aspects of it like the dot for playing low ar, but the skin applied over feels hard to play with, hard to read and just plain doesn't look good.

I love the way the menu looks and the "old"ness of it like its straight out of pokemon, but i assume not everyone does. Is there any possibility to be able to change the language, font, background color, location or if it appears externally from the Osu! client all together (like old config settings)

There's a lot here in the way in terms of improvement but so far i'm really enjoying the cheats and really happy with the overhaul of the system. 

Language MIGHT be a possibility, coloring might also be a possibility along with location, but font is 100% not a possibility.  I will add it onto a list of things we may implement once more important features are added.

As for the new enlighten, it seems like there is a mix of people stating it's hard to play with and then there are people we've had report that they can play with it just fine after getting used to it...

Just personal preference for me, since i play with what would be a weird skin? (GN's 2017 skin) 

If not its completely fine, the skin itself isn't bad at all, i'm just not used to it.
Thanks for taking the time to respond as well.

EDIT: Id also want to see hotkeys added back as well lol 

Edited by Daddyo

Is there a way to play just like the old enlighten used to be? I just want to open the programm to edit AR whenever im changing between DT and Nomod. I cant play with the new "skin" im forced to use.

Basically: I completely hate the new design? Its complicated to use, i dont even know where to patch HD and FL and whenever im trying to play its restarting the map once or twice for no reason?

I paid for this for over a year already now and i certainly am not willing to use this programm in such a way if i cant even use my own skin anymore. I just want to patch and play, im not here for injecting in a complicated way while also not even being able to use my own settings.

1 hour ago, Daddyo said:

Just personal preference for me, since i play with what would be a weird skin? (GN's 2017 skin) 

If not its completely fine, the skin itself isn't bad at all, i'm just not used to it.
Thanks for taking the time to respond as well.

EDIT: Id also want to see hotkeys added back as well lol 

hotkeys?  We talking for other programs?

3 minutes ago, Nyaacat said:

Is there a way to play just like the old enlighten used to be? I just want to open the programm to edit AR whenever im changing between DT and Nomod. I cant play with the new "skin" im forced to use.

Basically: I completely hate the new design? Its complicated to use, i dont even know where to patch HD and FL and whenever im trying to play its restarting the map once or twice for no reason?

I paid for this for over a year already now and i certainly am not willing to use this programm in such a way if i cant even use my own skin anymore. I just want to patch and play, im not here for injecting in a complicated way while also not even being able to use my own settings.

Old version is being implemented due to people complaining.  It won't be a patch and go type of thing as it will load up and you'll be able to change it to whenever after loaded.

Hotkeys as in like in the old cheat, left-ctrl for stop, space for early and alt for late. 

EDIT: I would still want the option for Osu!Enlighten for the way it is now just because you can stream with it.

Edited by Daddyo
6 minutes ago, Daddyo said:

EDIT: I would still want the option for Osu!Enlighten for the way it is now just because you can stream with it.

a setting to disable this custom overlay would be enough then, btw can someone tell me where to patch HD and FL with the current version?

EDIT: i just realized that because the overlay is there the actual game doesnt get patched...need that

Edited by Nyaacat
1 minute ago, Nyaacat said:

a setting to disable this custom overlay would be enough then, btw can someone tell me where to patch HD and FL with the current version?

It patches automatically with the overlay.

25 minutes ago, Daddyo said:

Hotkeys as in like in the old cheat, left-ctrl for stop, space for early and alt for late. 

why would you need left-ctrl for stopping when you have an option in the menu

6 minutes ago, solis said:

why would you need left-ctrl for stopping when you have an option in the menu

because you can stop it mid map. you cant with a menu.

19 minutes ago, Daddyo said:

because you can stop it mid map. you cant with a menu.

It likely won't be bound to CTRL this time around because having two things bound to the same key is hella confusing for users.

I think that the new enlighten is a really brilliant idea, being able to livestream with it and such. However I do feel like being forced to use its "skin" should only toggle when the user wants to enable a "livestream" option. Also the option to select different skins for this livestream mode would be great, or at the very least have the ability to change the color of the cursor. Basically I prefer the old enlighten and feel the new version should only be applied if the user wants to livestream and preferably come with with more customization 

Right after I wrote this I opened the program and there was an edit to have the legacy version lol. It still would be cool to have more customization in the livestream  version

Edited by Zikiri1298
1 minute ago, Zikiri1298 said:

I think that the new enlighten is a really brilliant idea, being able to livestream with it and such. However I do feel like being forced to use its "skin" should only toggle when the user wants to enable a "livestream" option. Also the option to select different skins for this livestream mode would be great, or at the very least have the ability to change the color of the cursor. Basically I prefer the old enlighten and feel the new version should only be applied if the user wants to livestream and preferably come with with more customization 

More customization options (especially colours) will come in time.

Btw I added legacy mode which works the exact same as the old enlighten ( except you can actually change/remove it after setting a value). FL is exempt from the options as without having the preemptive dot its pretty blatant.

is there any way to not patch HD? because I want to actually play with Enlighten on to change AR but to also stay with HD

1 hour ago, lain said:

is there any way to not patch HD? because I want to actually play with Enlighten on to change AR but to also stay with HD

Enable legacy AR and it will achieve what you want.

Just now, lain said:

with the new update I can't set AR on default, is there any way to do it now?

Hey setting the ar to 5 will use the default ar now - will try to make it look nicer in the future.

25 minutes ago, rumoi said:

Hey setting the ar to 5 will use the default ar now - will try to make it look nicer in the future.

It doesn't work, it keeps it at 5

Edited by lain
2 minutes ago, rumoi said:

It says 5 but it uses the default ar, just try it.

I tried it, doesn't work, I'm telling you, what should I do, record it for ya?

Just now, lain said:

I tried it, doesn't work, I'm telling you, what should I do, record it for ya?

I just tried my self and it worked as intended. You can show a video if you want.

1 minute ago, rumoi said:

Oh you are using legacy, to go to default on legacy just disable legacy.

Then I get this weird skin of yours, before this update I could use my skins with keeping AR on default