Everyone will have to register a new account, if you had a subscription please use your email that you had on your old AQN account!

To transfer your old subscriptions you need the same email as your previous Aquila account as you register.

You can transfer subscriptions by clicking here once you have verified your email.

You can verify your subscriptions on the Manage Purchases page of the store or by clicking here.

BlackEagleFna

How to Get Started on Programming + More than 100 References

THINGS YOU MIGHT NEED:

IntelliJ IDEA for Java Development (Download) -> JetBrains [Download for the IntelliJ Environment]

Visual Studio IDE for C++, C#, and VB.net Development (Download) -> Microsoft [Download for the Visual Studio Environment]

StackOverflow (Visit) -> Stack Exchange [Solutions to Many Problems]

C# Guide (Visit) -> Microsoft [Guide to C#]

C++ - Win32 Guide (Visit) -> Microsoft [Guide to C++]

Visual Basic Guide (Visit) -> Microsoft [Guide to Visual Basic]

Java Guide (Visit) -> Oracle [Guide to Java]

SomeBodyMakeThis (Visit) -> Reddit [Application Ideas]

Useful Websites Thread (Visit) -> GitHub [Includes More than 100 References]

PInvoke (Visit) -> PInvoke [Interop Wiki]

VIDEO TUTORIALS:

Java Programming Playlist (Watch) -> TheNewBoston

C# Programming Playlist (Watch) -> TheNewBoston

C++ Programming Playlist (Watch) -> TheNewBoston

VB.NET Programming Playlist (Watch) -> TheNewBoston

ACTUAL GUIDE:

1. Download an IDE (Integrated Development Enterprise). Basically, this allows you to actually code. The Visual Studio IDE includes several coding languages,--these languages are just like foreign languages, you could say. For example, the IntelliJ IDEA IDE includes Java, as you might have guessed. The Visual Studio IDE, however, mostly includes Windows-based languages, that is VB.NET, Visual C#, Visual C++, and other coding languages that have something to do with Windows Forms (a basic window). 

2. Now, after you have downloaded, and installed the IDE, it is up to you to decide which coding language you choose. I really do not want to express my opinion here, but I do not recommend VB.NET, as it is mostly outdated, and more difficult to develop cheats,--in case you want to do that. Now, that we have hit the note on this word, cheats, please be aware of the fact that programming is not here to develop cheats. You can do that, certainly,--I do it myself, but if you are just here to learn how to memory-write, code internal cheats, etcetera, then do not even follow this tutorial, as there are numerous well-programmed cheats that you do not need to redo yourself. 

3. Now, you should be ready to start a project. Depending on the IDE you chose, this could be disparate, but for now, you can create a simple project, and discover all the different elements of what the actual coding program has to offer. When you are done with that, go ahead, and either 1) search up tutorials yourself, or 2) try out the playlists I have posted above. I, personally, have to say that all of these playlists are very good, but this might not be the same for you. Just get to know the basics of coding, and this might take no time or a lot of time: Coding is about patience, discipline, and the volition to learn. 

4. Jumping ahead to a time where you are now familiar with the foundation of coding, I would recommend starting simple projects. When I got to know the base of programming, I started off with a mouse-speed changer that switches your cursor speed depending on which application is focused. Of course, your project does not have to be the same project I did but try to keep it simple,--it does not have to be world-changing, or innovative.

5. Now, that you are pretty solid with the basics of the language you chose, go ahead, and just code. Code whatever you want, and if there is something that is not covered in the tutorials you watched or guides you read, then use Google. As nonplussing as it might sound, Google is here to help you, and it is an incredible source to use when having any question. You might have also heard of a website called StackOverflow which can be very useful when starting to code, but personally, I try to not use it, due to the fact that often I happen to just copy the source without actually comprehending the process behind it. So, feel free to utilize it, but attempt to dig as deep as possible, and get the process: Why did he use an If-Statement here? Why would she declare this variable as Int32, and not a normal integer? Why is he referring to the function in a timer tick, and not a button click event? 

6. Basically, that is kind of a cycle of coding. You learn something new, implement it, and learn something new again. Honestly, programming is a huge hobby of my life, and it has given me amusement in uncountable situations, my problem-solving skills have improved by a great amount,--because not everything works perfectly the first time. Sometimes, in case I find no answers on the World Wide Web, I try something different, and it will work out because that is what coding is here for--to function and help us, right?

You can always use the links above as a reference, I have used them a lot, and I personally would recommend them. You can also find a GitHub Page of tons of websites that are extremely useful, so never stop coding!

Thank you very much for reading this little guide, I do hope that you have enjoyed it, and I will excuse myself with a fair goodbye.

Sincerely,

Jakob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1